You are interested in volunteering in the UK but you do not how you could help?
Have you always dreamt about going to Africa but you are scared of doing it on your own?
Come to Africa with us…
- If you are a doctor, nurse or healthcare worker, please get in contact as we are always looking for volunteers to join the medical trips to Gambia and Senegal.
- Particular need for photographers and videomakers to document our activities in Africa
- Help with educational and recreational activities with children
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience Africa and see at first hand the work we are doing and the constraints that we work with.
Volunteers will gain an understanding of the culture, politics, and healthcare of another country.
…or stay in UK and help us here!
We are also searching for volunteers who can help in the UK and who can assist with any of the below activities:
- Writing flyers, newsletters & communicating with (potential) sponsors
- Maintaining and driving our social media presence
- Spreading the word about our initiatives and events
- Raising funds
- Artisanal product sales
- Business Owners: It would be a great help if you could allow us to put one of our fund-raising canisters in your shop
- Project promoters: organise dinners, teas, your own bake-off or happy hours with friends and acquaintances to raise money or simply to let others hear about our organisation. We will participate by explaining our activities and furnishing the necessary materials and can help with the organisation too!
- If you are an artist (photographer, painter, dancer, musician, etc. ), we can organise a show, event or exhibition to raise money, or you could participate in one of our planned events by exhibiting for us
- Collect didactic materials, stationery and healthcare supplies for our schools and clinics in Senegal/Gambia.
Volunteering is also very beneficial for the volunteer … here is why…
- Add valuable work experience to your CV
- If you are new in town, you’ll be able to meet new people and network with great, like-minded people
- Broaden your horizons, learn about while we’re helping to improve the lives of people in Senegal and Gambia, we’d love you to help us!
- You can of course donate your hard earned cash, but we know many of you would prefer to give your time, and you are welcome to get involved with our Projects for Change.
- Help to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children in Africa